Discover the important uses of aloe vera gel and learn how to make it at home with natural ingredients.
The aloe vera is one of the most commonly used in industrial plants cosmetics for its benefits. It is natural healing that regenerates the skin and helps to eliminate the marks of premature ageing. It also treats sunburn and refreshes your skin naturally.
You might also like: Natural remedies to grow eyebrows
It is rich in vitamins of group A, C and E . Its hydrating, astringent and antibacterial properties stand out. For all this, it has become essential in aesthetic treatments and care.
To make the most of its properties and avoid the chemicals that are added to many cosmetic products, it is best to make a homemade aloe vera gel or cream with 100% natural ingredients.
Next, we explain step by step how to make a homemade aloe vera gel very easily and what to use it for:
Homemade aloe vera gel, step by step
This homemade gel with 100% natural ingredients is very easy to prepare and useful for different skincare. To prepare it, you only need these three ingredients:
- 3 aloe vera leaves
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil
You might also like: How to make onion shampoo and what properties it has
The first thing you have to do is get an aloe vera. Before removing the leaves, make sure the plant is well cared for and in good condition. To do this, water it once a day.
- Cut the three aloe vera leaves.
- Carefully remove the lateral spines from all the leaves.
- Soak them for 24 hours. Every 4 hours or so, change the water. It doesn’t have to be exact, if you can’t do it every 4 hours, do it when you have a moment for it. Having them in water serves to eliminate the aloin with toxic properties of the plant.
- After 24 hours, get all the leaves out of the water.
- Open the leaves at the edges with the help of a knife.
- Once opened, use a spoon to extract the gel or pulp from the plant. Reserve in a container.
- Add the lemon juice and wheat germ to the gel.
- Mix well until you get a thick white cream.
- Finally, put the mixture in a glass jar with a hermetic seal and keep it in the refrigerator.
As it is a natural product, it can be applied daily on the skin without any negative effects or allergies. It has numerous benefits and applications :
- Cleanses, hydrates and regenerates the skin.
- Prevents and treats acne, blackheads and pimples.
- Helps remove spots and scars from the skin.
- Its healing and antibacterial properties also make it help to heal wounds, as well as prevent them from becoming infected.
- Treats sunburn and soothes skin after sun exposure.
- Prevents and eliminates stretch marks.
- Tones and firms the skin of the body and face.
- Treat dry skin.
It is very useful in alleviating the symptoms of skin conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis.
For all of this, it is a very useful, natural and durable product. It is only necessary to take a small amount of product and massage the skin with circular movements on the affected area.
You might also like: Hair botox: what is it, how is it applied