How complicated it is to choose the outfit for graduation day. For this reason, we propose some options to go dressed for your graduation.
First of all, congratulations! If you are reading this article it is because you are about to graduate. Finding the perfect outfits for the big day can give you more of a headache.
That is why, below, we show you a list to find the look that best suits your style for this special event.
5 points to consider
- Whatever your final option, it has to be comfortable. You are going to spend many hours with that look, both at the ceremony and at the after-party. Avoid letting an awkward outfit ruin your celebration.
- You should not feel disguised. What you wear has to be a true reflection of your personality.
- Impose your opinion on all the others. We know that mothers and friends always try to help by giving their advice. Thank you for your help but don’t forget that it is you who has the last word.
- Graduation is not the same as a wedding. It is important to keep it in mind, so you can go neat but not excessively.
- Try to think long term. Do not select the set based on current trends, only then you will avoid the “why did I wear that” in a few years.
What to wear for a graduation
How complicated it is to choose the outfit for graduation day. For this reason, from Voguemagz we want to help you a little with the selection.
The long dress is a bit more difficult to wear in this type of celebration. Its length makes it much more formal, so pay attention when choosing its accessories or it will seem that you are going to a wedding.
Go for simple, flowing lines or a soft floral print. Another alternative is midi dresses. These are perfect for graduations, as they add elegance without hitting the label.
Long pants are for those who want to be comfortable. Choose your favourite, be it palazzo, straight, suit or darts and add a blouse. If the set is simple enough, include a jewel-like hair accessory and you will give that special touch to the set.
The short dress is a safe choice. Being short means that its length is above the knee, not excessively too short. Do not forget that this is an academic celebration and that therefore, you must maintain a certain protocol.
For the same reason, forget all kinds of transparencies and tightness. You can choose between short dresses with flare, straight, with an open back … Find the silhouette that best suits your body.
Another option can be shorted. To achieve an elegant look with this garment, we advise you to combine it with a jacket. If it is too short, wear a shirt that is closed around the neck to visually balance it.
Skirt: a choice is to wear a skirt, both in its midi and short version (not excessively), let’s not forget that it’s a political act. The silhouette of the midi skirts could not be more flattering, as well as being a trend.
Tuxedo: it is a classic, but that does not mean it isn’t current. Combine it with a lace blouse and it will look fantastic. Go ahead with a strong colour, this day is to have fun and have fun. Our favourite? The total look in white, pure elegance. Add an eye-catching accessory and you have a set of 10.
Mono: This trend has been going strong for several years in this type of event and it seems that it does not want to go. The main reason? Its innate elegance and that being a single piece you do not get too many headaches.
Unlike weddings, we recommend that you do not add too pompous belts to the jumpsuits. With this option you must wear a good heel, you will make your legs look very long.