Tips to take good care of your shoes. The shoe is the most powerful accessory in the production of any look, whether social or casual. After all, a new shoe that is impeccable and well-maintained secures your entire look, while worn shoes can break your image in a matter of seconds.
However, to keep the look always impeccable you don’t need to buy one shoe a week, just just take good care of those you already have in your closet. So, to help you we have separated some basic and simple tips to keep your shoes always beautiful, check!
Tips to take good care of your shoe
- Do not use the same shoes more than once in a row, regardless of their type and style. After all, shoes need to breathe since they absorb the sweat from our feet. Therefore, the next indicated use is in the next 24 hours.
- No washing your shoes with water, this will ruin any shoe of any material! If you need to clean (it’s always good, okay?) Wipe with a damp cloth. This is true for women’s shoes as well as men’s shoes.
- Keep the shoe in a dry and ventilated place, without too much sun. Some people think that leaving their shoes in the sun to rest will do well, but leaving the accessory exposed to the strong sun can spoil fading and damage the material.
- Do not use any type of cleaning product, as these can damage your shoes.
- Taking the opportunity to talk about cleaning products, a homemade tip is to use baking soda inside your shoes from time to time.
- When storing, prefer to put them in boxes (nothing to stack on each other without any protection, it will deform all models) and preferably with a wooden form or on that paper that comes in, this helps to keep the shape of the shoe.
- Always choose products of good quality, prefer to pay a little more since products with durable and resistant materials cost more, but give your model a thinner face and last much longer.
- Some materials, such as suede, require greater and differentiated care such as the way of use and cleaning, always pay attention to the characteristics of your new pair and how to take care of it (google can help you very well with that)!
- Keep the laces clean and in order. If necessary, wash in the washing machine or even with neutral soap in the tank. If it fades, shreds and tears, don’t hesitate to change it, stop by a shoe store and buy a new one.
If you give the care that the soles and fabric of your shoe deserve, you can be sure that your shoe will last much longer.